Thursday, February 09, 2006

Going to the eye doctor...again

Last week my kids and I all had eye doctor appointments--me because I desperately need a new pair of contacts, the boys because they both failed the eye test at the pediatrician's office, and the mini diva for a check up. She'd been pretending for weeks (ever since I made the appointments) that she couldn't see two inches in front of her. Turns out she didn't need glasses at all. *g* But both the boys did. Jay's right eye is weaker than the left and apparently if he doesn't wear corrective lenses all the time the weaker eye could turn in. Definitely not what I want for the poor kid, and being that he's in middle school, the doctor fit him for contacts. Frank (no, that's not his real name, but the name he's decided he would like to be called instead of the godawful one bestowed upon him at birth--see post below about the sink surgery) is a little luckier. He needs glasses for seeing the board at school, and that's it. The mini diva is a little upset and wondering why she's the only one in the family who doesn't need glasses. So yesterday we were back in the office for Jay's contact training session. Today I have to go back and pick up another pair of contacts since they can't find the ones that were set aside for him. On Friday or Saturday I'll be there picking up our glasses, and then on Monday Jay has a follow-up visit and I finally get to go in and pick up my new contacts. At this rate, I might as well just move in to the parking lot. *g* A little bit of cool news--NIGHT CREATURES placed 7th in the Preditors and Editors reader's poll, short story horror category!

No comments: