Friday, February 17, 2006

The best of intentions

It's 11:15 here and I have yet to write a single word. I'd planned on coming home from the bus stop and sitting right down to write, but things didn't work out that way. My oldest son lost his contact down the school bathroom drain and I had to run to the school to bring him another one. When I got there, he told me he was having a bad day and just wanted to come home. lol That might have worked...when he was in kindergarten, but since he's in middle school now I had to tell him to tough it out. They're on vacation next week. I think he can handle a few hours. The middle child, lately known as You're Grounded, is home sick today. He's not exactly sick, but he's tired. He snuck the video game upstairs last night and spent the_entire night_playing Animal Crossing. I'd wanted to send him to school tired to show him that he can't do things like that and still function at full capacity (anyone who's pulled an all-nighter writing or working knows what I mean), but when he started to doze off in his oatmeal I sent him back to bed.

No comments: