Saturday, August 20, 2005

Two more days until vacation!

I can't wait. Sitting on a private beach on the lake all day, relaxing on an island with dirt roads where people drive golf carts around more than cars. Taking long walks with the kids and just enjoying the peace and quiet. I'm not going to be working. Well, not much. I'm bringing the laptop, but I have some critiques I promised one of my critique partners I'd work on for her. Other than that, it's all about the relaxing. This weekend is pretty much total chaos in preparation, though. Shoe shopping for my daughter this morning, lunch with my mother, putting the finishing touches on DI, a cover art request, and the first round of edits for Tarnished. I'm sure there's more, I just don't have my list in front of me right now. Usually I thrive on chaos, so this is a good thing. Between writing full time, housework, grocery shopping, and the kids' activities (which this fall will be Monday-Thursday afternoons and Saturday mornings) I'm continually being pulled in all directions. A little craziness is never a bad thing, though. Writing-wise, it looks like Night Creatures might be released from Changeling Press in September. I'll know more after my vacation. I'm going to try to post again before I leave, but if I don't, have a great week everyone! Lis

No comments: