Sunday, June 19, 2005

Print books, upcoming books, and the aging process

The sun is finally shining after a few days of cool, drizzly weather...again. I spent the whole morning reorganizing my office space, but I got outside with the kids this afternoon to play a little football. Now it's back to work for a couple hours. And then I have to wash the floor and give the dog a bath. It never ends. I turned 30 last week. It doesn't bother me, not in the traditional sense of being afraid to age, but the older I get the older my kids get. Sometimes I'd just like to freeze them at the age they are now--or even turn back time to when they were a little younger. My oldest starts middle school in the fall, and my baby is going to be 9 in November. It won't be long before they're moving out of the house and heading off to college. I guess I just want a little more time with them before they realize mom isn't as cool as they thought. Some exciting news~~Two of my books are now available in print. Dark Promises book 1: Midnight, and Dirty Pictures. Make sure to check for them at Borders and Waldenbooks, and also at Amazon.com, Bn.com, and Ellora's Cave's eBay web store. Dark Promises book 2: Demonic Obsession should be available in print sometime in August. Some more exciting news~~I just finished writing the 5th (and final, finally ) book in the Dark Promises series. I don't have a release date for Tarnished yet, but I'll post as soon as I know anything. Also upcoming are two books from Cerridwen Press. Grave Silence is a dark romantic suspense and Nothing Personal is a chick lit/romantic comedy. Both of them are pretty special to me--Grave Silence is a book I've been working on polishing for 2 years, and Nothing Personal was a finalist in Lori Foster's novella contest a few years back. That's it for now. Have a great week, everyone! Elisa

No comments: